This Week In The Future: Happy (?) New Year!
We hope your NYE festivities are more fun than this one.
Want to win this hungover Baarbarian illustration on a T-shirt? It’s easy! The rules: Follow us on Twitter (we’re @PopSci) and retweet our This Week in the Future tweet. One of those lucky retweeters will be chosen to receive a custom T-shirt with this week’s Baarbarian illustration on it, thus making the winner the envy of friends, coworkers and everyone else with eyes. (Those who would rather not leave things to chance and just pony up some cash for the T-shirt can do that here.) The stories pictured herein:
- FDA Says Giant, Genetically Modified Salmon Is Environmentally Safe
- Say Goodbye To Christmas By Watching This Giant Tree Explode
- Asparagus Prevents Hangovers, Incredibly Useful Study Finds
- Stuffing Your Face With Holiday Cookies Disrupts Your Body Clock, Just Like Mars Time Would
And don’t forget to check out our other favorite stories of the week:
- Popular Science’s Best Longreads Of 2012
- The 6 Best Video-Game Experiments Of 2012
- What Kind Of Violence Kills Americans? [Infographic]
- The Most Egregious Science Mistakes In Movies This Year
- 12 Incredible Works Of Astrophotography By Brad Goldpaint
- The Year On Mars: The Red Planet’s Greatest Moments Of 2012
- GameSci: The Wii U’s Unlikely Influence
- FYI: What Causes Motion Sickness, And How Do You Cure It?