This Week In The Future: Curling Up With A Magazine And A Polar Bear
In the future, two things will keep us warm: the cuddly polar-bear stuffed animal by our sides and the fire under our indestructible chocolate.
Want to win this warm Baarbarian illustration on a T-shirt? It’s easy! The rules: Follow us on Twitter (we’re @PopSci) and retweet our This Week in the Future tweet. One of those lucky retweeters will be chosen to receive a custom T-shirt with this week’s Baarbarian illustration on it, thus making the winner the envy of friends, coworkers and everyone else with eyes. (Those who would rather not leave things to chance and just pony up some cash for the T-shirt can do that here.) The stories pictured herein:
- FYI: Why Are Mean People So Hot?
- Can Taking A Pill Before Bed Get Rid Of Bed Bugs?
- 7 Gift Ideas For The Climate Change Denier In Your Life
- Britain Is Testing An Amphibious House That Rises Along WIth Floodwaters
- Skylon Spaceplane Engine Endorsed By European Space Agency
- Cadbury’s Chocolate Of The Future Doesn’t Melt Even At 104 Degrees
And don’t forget to check out our other favorite stories of the week:
- Gray Matter: Finding Water Where It’s Least Expected
- Boxee TV Review: Not Ready For Primetime
- FYI: Can Viagra Make You A Better Athlete?
- Lava’s 7-Mile Journey And 10 More Amazing Images From The Past Week
- Meet Spaun, The Most Complex Simulated Brain Ever
- Scientists Find Clearest Evidence Yet Of Monumental Polar Ice Melt
- 10 Animals That Are Smarter Than You Think
- How Does SpaceX Plan To Move Thousands Of Humans To Mars?
- 5 Of Physics’s Greatest Sex Scandals