This Week In The Future: Turn On And Tune Out With Robots, Dinosaurs, And Puppies
In the future, a strange entertainment cube will cause us to hallucinate yawning puppies and T-rexes. (The tightrope-walking robots on TV will be real, though.)
Want to win this dreamy Baarbarian illustration on a T-shirt? It’s easy! The rules: Follow us on Twitter (we’re @PopSci) and retweet our This Week in the Future tweet. One of those lucky retweeters will be chosen to receive a custom T-shirt with this week’s Baarbarian illustration on it, thus making the winner the envy of friends, coworkers and everyone else with eyes. (Those who would rather not leave things to chance and just pony up some cash for the T-shirt can do that here.) The stories pictured herein:
- Watch A Humanoid Robot Walk A Tightrope
- Can Andrea Rossi’s Infinite-Energy Black Box Power The World–Or Just Scam It?
- Puppies Only Pick Up Yawns When They’re Old Enough To Understand Empathy
- Electric Brain Stimulation Warps Your Perception Of Faces [Video]
- How To Properly Butcher And Eat A Triceratops
And don’t forget to check out our other favorite stories of the week:
- They Said It Couldn’t Be Done! The Quest For Human-Powered Flight
- iPod Nano And iPod Touch Review: Hey Guys, Remember iPods?
- How To Hack Your Alarm Clock [Gallery]
- BeerSci: How To Brew A Beer In A Week
- Which Is Worse: The Study About Women Voting With Their Hormones, Or The Trolly Story About It On CNN?
- 11 Gorgeous Illustrations Of Science’s Biggest Mysteries
- GameSci: Want to Dominate The Game? Set Your Morals Aside
- 5 Things You Need To Know About The Microsoft Surface
- This Tiny Sticker Is Bigger Than The Giant Samsung Galaxy Note II
- Fruit Punched: What Is The Point Of Flavored Mouthguards?
- Infographic: Horses And Bayonets? Guns And Butter?
- FYI: How Do Places On Mars Get Their Names?
- Science Says Sex Addiction Is For Real. Here’s How To Diagnose It.