This Week In The Future: Polar-Bear Businessmen Gamble With Chocolate
In the future, the global financial market will be controlled by a small group of polar-bear executives. No one will believe the conspiracy theorists.
Want to win this conspiring Baarbarian illustration on a T-shirt? It’s easy! The rules: Follow us on Twitter (we’re @PopSci) and retweet our This Week in the Future tweet. One of those lucky retweeters will be chosen to receive a custom T-shirt with this week’s Baarbarian illustration on it, thus making the winner the envy of friends, coworkers and everyone else with eyes. (Those who would rather not leave things to chance and just pony up some cash for the T-shirt can do that here.) The stories pictured herein:
- The More Chocolate A Nation Eats, The More Nobel Prizes It Gets
- Daily Infographic: What Is The Real Status Of The Polar Bears?
- Meet Polaris, The First Ice-Drilling Lunar Prospector-Bot
- With Basic Physics, You Can Beat the House At Roulette
And don’t forget to check out our other favorite stories of the week:
- Should Satellite Map Data Be Uncensored For All To Enjoy?
- 5 Secrets Of A Successful Space Dive
- Remember When The Nobels Used To Be Inspiring?
- GameSci: Where’s Our Virtual Reality?
- 1 In 10 People Believes The World Will End In 2012 [Infographic]
- The Alien Origins Of Felix Baumgartner’s Attempt To Skydive From 23 Miles Up
- Out Today: ‘Modernist Cuisine At Home,’ Now Smaller And Cheaper
- Chanting “Party Hard!” While A Man Gets Zapped With A Million Volts
- You Built What?!: A Tesla Coil Gun That Produces Foot-Long Sparks
- FYI: If I Did A Bag Of Lance Armstrong’s Blood, Could I Bike Up A Mountain?
- BioLite CampStove Review: Cook Your Food And Charge Your Gadgets In the Wilderness
- How Do We Know We’re Not Living Inside A Massive Computer Simulation?
- The ‘Impossible’ Instant Camera: PopSci Breaks Open The Polaroid SX-70
- Everything You Need To Know About The Deadly Meningitis Outbreak
- Inside The Swarming Quadrotor Lab Of KMel Robotics
- Dear Mystery Algorithm That Hogged Global Financial Trading Last Week: What Do You Want?