This Week In The Future: Koalas Launch A House From Australia To Space
In the future, when the koalas have taken over as masters of Earth, they'll get rid of the humans by launching their homes into space.
Want to win this magnified Baarbarian illustration on a T-shirt? It’s easy! The rules: Follow us on Twitter (we’re @PopSci) and retweet our This Week in the Future tweet. One of those lucky retweeters will be chosen to receive a custom T-shirt with this week’s Baarbarian illustration on it, thus making the winner the envy of friends, coworkers and everyone else with eyes. (Those who would rather not leave things to chance and just pony up some cash for the T-shirt can do that here.) The stories pictured herein:
- Amazing Video: Timelapse View Of The Australian Outback’s Giant Radio Dishes
- What It Would Cost To Launch Your House Into Space [Infographic]
- Experiment: Look At Pictures Of Cute Baby Animals To Improve Your Concentration
- The World’s Steadiest Binoculars
And don’t forget to check out our other favorite stories of the week:
- BeerSci: What Running Marathons Can Teach You About Beer
- What Absolutely Cannot Go Wrong When Felix Baumgartner Attempts The Longest Free Fall In History
- How I Survived A Trip Inside A Military Aviation-Testing Plant To Film ‘Top Secret’
- The Art And Science Of Nobel Prize Prediction
- Most Retracted Scientific Papers Are Pulled Due To Fraud
- FYI: Is It Legal To 3-D Print A Handgun?
- Mohamed El-Naggar Hot-Wires Bacteria To Build Semiconductors
- 7 Ways We Thought The Radio Would Transform Presidential Debates
- Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Review: Read Books, At Night
- FYI: Does Watching A Debate In HDTV Influence How You Vote?
- A New View Of The Solar System
- The Goods: October 2012’s Hottest Gadgets
- FYI: Could “Smiles,” The Psychedelic Drug Implicated In An Actor’s Death, Cause Violent Behavior?
- Video: 3 Crazy Maker Faire Projects
- After The LHC: The Next Really Big Experiments In Particle Physics