The big stories this Olympics? Badminton players tried to throw a game, and NBC is awful. But we imagine a future forewarned by this illustration, a future Olympics with dinosaurs, and giant mecha-bots. Then we’ll have some great stuff to talk about.
Want to win this sporty Baarbarian illustration on a T-shirt? It’s easy! The rules: Follow us on Twitter (we’re @PopSci) and retweet our This Week in the Future tweet. One of those lucky retweeters will be chosen to receive a custom T-shirt with this week’s Baarbarian illustration on it, thus making the winner the envy of their friends, coworkers and everyone else with eyes. (Those who would rather not leave things to chance and just pony up some cash for the t-shirt can do that here.) The stories pictured herein:
- Video: Four-Ton Japanese Mega Bot Fires BBs At Smiling Humans
- Twitter (the Company) Has Been Behaving Very Strangely This Olympics
- Aussie Tycoon Wants to Clone Dinosaurs for His Real Life, Resort-Based Jurassic Park
And don’t forget to check out our other favorite stories of the week:
- How The Largest Health Surveillance System Ever Created Is Preventing An Olympic-Size Pandemic
- November 1926: Why Men Will Always Be Better at Sports Than Women
- Summer Olympics: 2020
- FYI: Will Athletes Ever Stop Breaking Records?