This Week in the Future, August 27-31, 2012
You’d dream of steak too if you were just coming off a Pepto-Bismol bender. Want to win this inscrutable Baarbarian...
You’d dream of steak too if you were just coming off a Pepto-Bismol bender.
Want to win this inscrutable Baarbarian illustration on a T-shirt? It’s easy! The rules: Follow us on Twitter (we’re @PopSci) and retweet our This Week in the Future tweet. One of those lucky retweeters will be chosen to receive a custom T-shirt with this week’s Baarbarian illustration on it, thus making the winner the envy of their friends, coworkers and everyone else with eyes. (Those who would rather not leave things to chance and just pony up some cash for the t-shirt can do that here.) The stories pictured herein:
- FYI: How Long Can a Brain Live in a Dish?
- Gray Matter: Extracting Bismuth From Pepto-Bismol Tablets
- Can’t Define “The Cloud”? Who Cares?
- Video: Learn to Cook a Steak by Cooking Bizarre Imaginary Steaks
And don’t forget to check out our other favorite stories of the week:
- Archive Gallery: PopSci Goes A-Ratting (And More Pest Control)
- Video: Maryland Student Hovers 8 Feet High in Human-Powered Helicopter, Smashing Previous Records
- PopSci Recommends: Steven Millhauser, Short Fiction’s Greatest Historical Futurist
- How to Thwart Bicycle Thieves
- As Hurricanes Approach, the Robotic Storm Chasers of the Future Are Ready
- AIDS Virus Could Be Harnessed to Fight Cancer
- You Built What?!: A Fire-Breathing, Jet-Powered Dragon
- Cage Match
- Neil Armstrong in the Pages of PopSci: 1958, 1969 and 1989