Whoa, you guys. This is one of our favorite Baarbarian illustrations ever. That weird story about the blue goo spheres dropping from the sky did seem like something dreamt up by a sheep.
Want to win this sleepy Baarbarian illustration on a T-shirt? It’s easy! The rules: Follow us on Twitter (we’re @PopSci) and retweet our This Week in the Future tweet. One of those lucky retweeters will be chosen to receive a custom T-shirt with this week’s Baarbarian illustration on it, thus making the winner the envy of their friends, coworkers and everyone else with eyes. (Those who would rather not leave things to chance and just pony up some cash for the t-shirt can do that here.) The stories pictured herein:
- Mitt Romney: The Uncanny Candidate?
- FYI: Do Animals Dream?
- Video: People Flying, Superhero Style, Over New York City
- Translucent Blue Spheres Rain Down in the UK, Mystifying Meteorologists
- FYI: Will Listening to Mozart Really Make Me Smarter?
And don’t forget to check out our other favorite stories of the week:
- The Most Amazing Science Images of the Week, January 30-February 3, 2012
- Archive Gallery: PopSci Hunts For Mythical Beasts
- 10-Year-Old Accidentally Creates New Molecule in Science Class
- Russian Scientists Drilling into “Alien” Antarctic Lake Vostok Fall Silent
- Is This New Study the Nail in the Coffin of “Arsenic Life”?
- 2011 Visualization Challenge Winners Teach Science Through Art
- Hilarious “Theory of Everything” Paper Provokes Kerfuffle
- Translating Brain Waves to Reconstruct Sounds and Conversations You’ve Heard
- The Best Way to Unbuild a Dam
- Video: A New ‘Smart Bullet’ Deploys Fins and Guides Itself to a Laser-Designated Target