How doctors reinvented the human heart by Dan Baum
Taylor Wilson always dreamed of creating a star, so at the age of 14 he built his own nuclear reaction by Tom Clynes
This summer, NASA’s Curiosity rover will undertake the most ambitious Mars mission ever. Here’s how it will work by Jennifer Abbasi
Brendan Foley is using autonomous robots and high-throughput data collection and analysis to uncover the mysteries of ancient sea trade. Will he transform maritime archaeology in the process? by Brooke Borel
- The Goods: March 2012’s Hottest Gadgets
- E-Readers Finally Get a Splash of Color
- The Yamaha Moegi Demonstrates The Future of Fuel Efficiency
- The Race For The Next Big Thing In Green Illumination
- Wi-Fi Could Become As Widespread As Cellular
- A New Motor Makes For A Stronger 18-volt Drill
- By the Numbers: Flu Season, Visualized
- The $1,000 Genome, and the New Problem of Having Too Much Information
- The Virus Station: A Field Lab for Finding a Deadly Disease
- Redesigning the Toilet to Produce Water, Fertilizer, and Energy
- Will Doctors Ever Cure Migraines?
- Creating “Terminator Vision” in Your Future Contact Lenses
- You Built What?!: A Compact Mechanical Crossbow With the Precision of a Laser
- Gray Matter: Dipping My Finger In Molten Lead
- Can I Update the Software on My Old Android Phone?
- 5-Minute Project: Hand Warmers
- FYI: Do Competitive Eaters Have Unusual Stomachs?
- FYI: Will People Ever Evolve Out of Craving Unhealthy Food?