This Week in the Future, November 28-December 2, 2011
The lesson behind this week’s This Week in the Future illustration: when you’re stoned and driving an amphibious boat-tank, always … Continued
The lesson behind this week’s This Week in the Future illustration: when you’re stoned and driving an amphibious boat-tank, always stop at the red light. Just because you can’t see the crabs crossing the beach doesn’t mean they’re not there. They might be transparent.
Want to win this good-lesson-packed Baarbarian illustration on a T-shirt? It’s easy! The rules: Follow us on Twitter (we’re @PopSci) and retweet our This Week in the Future tweet. One of those lucky retweeters will be chosen to receive a custom T-shirt with this week’s Baarbarian illustration on it, thus making the winner the envy of their friends, coworkers and everyone else with eyes. (Those who would rather not leave things to chance and just pony up some cash for the t-shirt can do that here.) The stories pictured herein:
- Medical Marijuana Laws Shown to Reduce Traffic Fatalities
- Japanese Scientists Make A Crab Transparent
- The Iguana 29: A Speed Boat That Morphs Into a Tank-Tracked Beach Lander
And don’t forget to check out our other favorite stories of the week:
- The Most Amazing Images of the Week, November 28-December 2, 2011
- Controversial Tracker CarrierIQ Found on iPhone (in Limited Form)
- Yugoslavian Crazyscience Magazine Galaksija Shows the 1970s Balkan Vision of the Future
- Testing the Best: The Wacom Inkling Turns Paper Into a Digital Sketchpad
- Driven: The All-New 2012 Porsche 911
- Should a New Recipe for Engineered Bird Flu, Potent Enough to Kill Millions, Be Published?
- PopSci Q&A: Making Gadgets Great