The Pentagon’s classified “black” budget is bigger than it was during the Cold War, but the battlefield has changed completely. Popular Science reveals the secrets of America’s 21st-century arsenal.** By Sharon Weinberger**
The Pentagon has put a $1-trillion price tag on Afghanistan’s mineral wealth, but finding and extracting the riches won’t be easy. By Matthieu Aikins
The courses that teach you to climb trees, use explosives and solve murders.
While their peers obsess on Facebook, these teens are solving some of the world’s biggest problems.
In 2020, you could be flying space planes, reading minds, or curing disease in the womb. Start building the perfect résumé now. By Ben Paynter
- A Protein Killer Could Treat All Cancers, and Possibly All Illnesses
- A Sensor That Tracks Cosmic Particles Could Spot Nuclear Threats Before They Cross Our Borders
- A New York School Teaches Students Through Videogames. Is It Working?
- An Artificial Inner Ear That Eliminates Vertigo
- **Pharmaceutical Companies Turn Genetically Modified Livestock Into Drug Factories**
- The Goods: September 2010’s Hottest Gadgets
- Lightweight Solar Panels That Mimic Wall-Crawling Ivy
- **The Technology That Drives the World’s Fastest Electric Bike**
- **Real-Life Replicators to Fabricate Just About Any Object**
- **LEDs Dethrone Compact Fluorescents as the King of Eco-Friendly Lightbulbs**
- You Built What?! A Rocket-Shaped Fireball Gun
- Gray Matter: Cool Hand Theo
- Add Applications to Your Nook E-Reader
- Ask a Geek: What’s the Best Way to Clean Out My Hard Drive?
- Simple Project Of The Month: The DIY Camping Shower