The critters that teach us what it means to be human.
- •The best wildlife photos of the year remind us that nature is amazing—and brutal
- •A dinosaur egg bonanza is helping ecologists understand prehistoric parenting
- •We don’t know what a happy chicken looks like, and that’s a big problem
- •Dogs aren't especially smart, but they have a particular set of skills
- •A blindfolded sea otter named Selka shows how the critters find food in murky water
- •How a pair of wildlife rescuers ended up with a chubby pet squirrel named Thumbelina
Here’s what you should do if you ever happen to encounter an extinct animal in the wild. Wait, what?
Hurricane Harvey ultimately dumped around 27 trillion gallons of rain on Texas and Louisiana. Where will it all go?