This week's future news (can you match every story with its iPad icon?):
- Hands On With Apple's iPad
- British Police to Monitor Civilians with UAVs by 2012
- Long-Awaited Barefoot Running Study Finds Sneakers Are Harmful
- A Free-Kicking 'Bot That Takes 128 MPH Shots
- Ex-Officer Says Air Force's Failure to Deploy Airships Costs Lives
- The Moon May Have Been Created By a Massive Nuclear Blast Inside the Earth
- Cesium-Snatching "Venus Flytrap" Material Takes the Bad Stuff Out of Nuclear Waste
- Speed Gene Separates Future Champions From Petting Zoo Ponies
- New Evidence Calls Into Question China's Role in Google Attacks
- New Analysis Says Cannabis Breeders Should Grow for Safety As Well As Potency
- At Cambridge Alien Conference, Scientists Warn Of An Invisible Earth and Hostile ETs
- Engineered Tobacco Plants Grow Synthetic Solar Cells
- Celebrating 50th Anniversary, Bubble Wrap Joyfully Bursts Own Bubble
- New Computer Program Studies Trees on TV to Simulate Their Movement
- Magnetoscope Monitor Measures Heart's Magnetic Field to Detect Problems Early
When we say it's been a big week, we mean it. It's about to get even bigger, too; one of you is about to win a t-shirt.
Leave a comment (any comment) to put your name in the pile; we'll randomly choose and announce our winner right here on Friday, February 5. And, if you just can't wait that long, you can buy the shirt for yourself here. Good Luck!
Congratulations to last week's winner, PopSci user "Melatonin17."
Until next time. Enjoy our past weekly illustrated roundups here.
Looks like that guy really knows how to party.
all of my favorite things
I enjoy the flag of China icon, that must lock the system so you can only install what your dictator permits... oh wait never-mind that feature is included free of charge.
Hitler is upset at the iPad
Mr Spock says ( Live long and Ipad )
thats a nice shirt
Political statement: I am for puppies. If you are against me, then you hate puppies. I also like free t-shirts.
I WANT ONE!!!!
That's a nice shirt. And it would be even nicer if you gave it to me. Hint hint.
Would love to win this.. I wanna this shirt
To wear or frame... a dilemma!
Yes please :3 -Kris Johnson
ive just signed up just to get this ultimate cool tshirt for myself...! =)
I wonder which of my friends would kill me for wearing a mac product on my shirt... still would love to have it. Call me a sadist...
I am getting so frustrated at commenting every time since the beginning of TWITF and not winning. I usually always win. Give me the shirt. I will wear it all the time. I'm a broke college student that spends what little money I have on a subscription to PopSci magazine and I still check the site every day. Is it too much to ask for that you not so randomly choose me? Just do it please. If I don't win one of these shirts by the end of the year, I quit. Also put hockey news/advancements in gear tech on here.
Also make the t shirt a different color from white from now on, it will look even more BA
does it seem a little gaudy to have a picture of an ipod on your shirt? oh well, it's still cool
i totally want this shirt and the ipad too :)
This shirt is awesome!
popsci come on i need this shirt!!
gosh. that's a pretty nice t-shirt. with a cool illustration.
I don't want this shirt.
It’s the right art to define the moment. Looks like the IPad is after the student market and will be a hit. Send this collectors item my way please.
looks cool and instantly outdates itself from week to week