By Gregory MonePosted 11.07.2007 at 10:54 am 7 Comments
The British group Radiohead recently launched a somewhat daring Internet sales experiment, offering its fans the chance to download its latest album for whatever price they felt like. Including $0. And how did that work?
According to research firm ComScore, Inc., 62% of listeners who downloaded the album in the first four weeks paid nothing. The other 38% paid an average of $6. U.S. customers paid more, shelling out $8. Don't cry for the rockers, though. They still might have made up to 10 million dollars, and they'll be selling a higher-quality CD, for more money, before long.—Gregory Mone